Mary Bent and Mike Krieger join Whitney to unravel the network behind the meteoric rise of Sam Bankman-Fried and FTX and what was actually going on at the company. The discussion goes far beyond the obvious fraud at FTX and looks at the networks that brought Bankman-Fried to power and were using him as a front for a dangerous agenda.
Originally published 11/22/22.
- Effective altruism went from underfunded idea to philanthropic force – Vox
- Sam Bankman-Fried Has a Savior Complex-And Maybe You Should Too | Sequoia Capital
- What FTX’s Sam Bankman-Fried and J.P. Morgan Have in Common – The New York Times
- Joseph Bankman’s CV
- The Reluctant Prophet of Effective Altruism | The New Yorker
- ‘Queen Caroline’: The ‘Fake Charity Nerd Girl’ Behind The FTX Collapse | Forbes
Marty Bent on Twitter
Michael Krieger on Twitter
Get early access to podcasts by becoming an Unlimited Hangout member.
Find previous episodes on all podcast platforms.
Order Whitney’s book One Nation Under Blackmail.
Sign up for the weekly newsletter to receive updates on the book, new articles, podcasts, and interviews.