In this episode, Whitney is joined by Marty Bent and Mike Krieger to unpack the recent collapse of Silicon Valley Bank and the financial instability that has ensued and interrogate the flimsy narratives used to justify, among other things, the SVB bail-out and the shutdown of Signature Bank.
Originally published 03/16/23.
- Bank Consolidation graphic
- FTX and the Curious History of Farmington State Bank
- Palantir’s Tiberius, Race, and the Public Health Panopticon
- Elon Musk Is ‘Open’ to Buying SVB, Tesla Investor Says ‘No Thanks’
- SVB collapse: Peter Thiel’s role scrutinized as spark of bank run
- Fed Will Keep Boosting Interest Rates After SVB Failure, BlackRock Says – Bloomberg
- Moody’s Puts First Republic, Five US Banks on Downgrade Watch – Bloomberg
- Why Bank Bail-Ins Will Be the New Bailouts
- New Fed Bank Backstop Has Scope to Inject as Much as $2 Trillion – Bloomberg
- Credit Suisse delays annual report after ‘late call’ from the SEC | CNN Business
- Credit Suisse breach spills info of high-net-worth clients
- Silvergate Bankrupt!! What it Means For Crypto! – YouTube
- The Banks Are FAILING!! SVB Collapse & Everything It Means!! – YouTube
- gabrielShapir0 on Twitter: “”Any buyer of Signature must agree to give up all the crypto business at the bank, the two sources added.”
- Exclusive: U.S. regulator eyes Friday bids for SVB, Signature Bank -sources | Reuters
- “Shocking interview with Barney Frank — pushes back at DFS’ assertion that Signature wasn’t closed due to an anti-crypto animus…” | Twitter
- Goldman Sachs Eyes a Big Payout From Silicon Valley Bank Deal – The New York Times
- What collapse of crypto banks may mean for stablecoins | Fortune Crypto
- Fintech Brex got billions of dollars in Silicon Valley Bank deposits Thursday
- Fintech Firm Brex Brings New Tools To Finance Teams With OpenAI | Crowdfund Insider
- About Us | Brex
Get early access to podcasts by becoming an Unlimited Hangout member.
Find previous episodes on all podcast platforms.
Order Whitney’s book One Nation Under Blackmail.
Sign up for the weekly newsletter to receive updates on the book, new articles, podcasts, and interviews.